SafeArrival Absence Reporting System
Schools in the Avon Maitland District School Board use an automated system for absence reporting.
Parents/guardians are asked to report their child’s absence or request an early dismissal in advance using any of these 3 convenient methods:
- Use the SchoolMessenger (SafeArrival) website: go.schoolmessenger.ca. The first time you use the website:
- Select “Sign Up” to create your account. **Important: You must use the email address that you provided to the school in order to set up your account.
- Select “Attendance”
- Select “Report an Absence”
- Use the SchoolMessenger app (download from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store). Once you download the app:
- Tap Sign Up to create your account. **Important: You must use the email address that you provided to the school in order to set up your account.
- Select Attendance from the menu, and then
- Select Report an Absence.
- Please do not adjust the notification settings in the app as it will impact the other messages you receive from the school via text and email.
- Call the toll-free number 1-844-518-5459 to report an absence using the automated phone system.
These options are available 24 hours/day, 7 days a week. Future absences or requests for early dismissal can be reported at any time up until the start of the school day that is being reported. If you need to submit an absence or request for early dismissal after that time, you must call the school office.
In addition, our schools use the SchoolMessenger Communicate automated notification system to contact parents/guardians whose child is absent when the absence was not reported in advance. The automated notification system attempts to contact parents/guardians at multiple contact points until a reason is submitted for the absence. If our system is unable to reach the designated contacts, school office staff will follow up.
If you report your child’s absence in advance using the SafeArrival website, app, or toll-free number, you will NOT receive these notifications.